So here it is…my first blog post!
I love hearing about people’s skincare routines so thought that this might be a good topic for my inaugural post! So what have I been loving lately and what’s made the cut as holy grail?!
I am an avid fan of Caroline Hirons‘ blog (those of you who have yet to encounter her blog…I advise you to head straight there!) and took on board her advice in relation to having a good skincare routine about a year ago. I have oily/combination skin, prone to breakouts at certain times and HUGE pores. Since locking down a skincare routine, I have hauled my skin from oily/combination to…dare I say it…normal! I am now a total convert to a good skincare regime!
So here are the products that I have been enjoying using:
1. I start off with the Emma Hardie Moringa Amazing Face Cleansing Balm. This stuff is amazing! It is an oil based cleanser that removes make up like no other. I have used a variety of cleansing balms in the past but always come back to this one. I use a face cloth to take the balm off…I love this step!
2. After using the Emma Hardie, I head in for a second cleanse. Yes, this is the step that apparently cleanses the skin (not just takes the makeup off). I have a number of “second step cleaners” (yes, seems excessive…but a girl’s gotta have cleansers!). I am loving the Zelens Luminous Facial Cleanser at the moment. It’s a beautiful product, has a mild pleasant scent and somehow manages to get those pores really clean so that they appear smaller.
3. After cleansing, I apply a serum. I’m currently flitting between two… the new Nude Serum and a Kate Sommerville Total Vitamin Anti-Oxidant Serum (good if you suffer from pigmentation after getting spots). Both have hyaluronic acid as an ingredient (a wonder product for infusing the skin with moisture).
4. Eye cream is the next step and I am currently testing the Liz Earle Superskin Lip and Eye Treatment. I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. It doesn’t contain any silicones which I have tried to keep away from with eye creams as it tends to make my eyes puffy. I am pleasantly surprised by this product…I think it will be a re-purchase!
5. If my skin is feeling particularly dry, I will use an oil. I find that oils really help to balance my oily skin…it’s a strange thought but it works and I highly recommend it. My current favourite oils are the Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil (a beautiful product without a strong scent like some other oils on the market) and the Zelens Z-22 Absolute Face Oil (another wonder product that feels amazingly light for what it is).
6. Then comes moisturiser. I have tried countless different moisturisers in the past but I am currently using the expensive but really amazing Omrovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream at the moment. It is silicone free; something that I look for in my moisturisers and skincare in general nowadays as I have figured out that silicone breaks me out and makes me quite oily. The product leaves my skin really plump by the morning and I am never greasy.
So…phew…quite an epic skincare routine…but it has really helped to keep my skin in check recently and has totally confirmed to me that a good skincare routine can do wonders for your skin!
I would love to hear about your skincare routines or about other product recommendations…so please feel free to comment and share your thoughts! Also, let me know if there are any products that I mentioned that you would like me to produce a more in depth review on!