So…it’s been a while since I last posted something! I was still very active on the beauty and skincare front in 2014 but finding the time to blog about the many products that I have tried mixed in with a very full work schedule made it difficult to find the time to blog about them in any meaningful way. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have resolved to be more active this year on this blog!
I thought that a good place to start the year off would be a post on what I have enjoyed using (both makeup and skincare) in 2014. These are products that I find myself reaching for again and again despite having other products in my collection. This isn’t intended as an all encompassing blog post of what’s best in certain categories of products…it’s simply a run down of the products that have stood out for me time and time again over the past year. So, without further ado, here are my favourite products of 2014:
1. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel – what can I say about this cleanser? It’s amazing, plain and simple! I was rather late onto this bandwagon but when I saw a good friend getting really good results for her skin after using this, I knew I had to try it. It’s a very simple gel cleanser that has a mild, inoffensive and pleasant scent. There is something really special about it as it cleanses without feeling harsh and really helps to keep skin clear. I can’t recommend it enough!
2. Nude Renewal Serum – this is such an unassuming product and when you stick it on your skin I can’t say that the effects are immediately noticeable. It was only when I ran out and didn’t use it for a week or so that I really noticed the difference. One of the nicest non-silicone serums around in my opinion.
3. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – my go to, tried and tested going out foundation. Looks great in photos and never lets me down.
4. Loreal True Match Foundation- a surprise addition to the makeup stash in 2014. I would be the first one to admit that I am a high end foundation girl. I have never managed to find a cheap, drug store foundation that has the same finish and lasting power as a high end foundation but I always keep an open mind. After hearing a few beauty bloggers rave about how good this foundation is, I thought I’d give it a go and I really love it. It’s long lasting and the finish is lovely. Gives any high end foundation a run for its money!
5. Too Faced Lipsticks – I have a lot of lipsticks in my stash but it’s one of the categories of makeup products that I struggle with – both in terms of finding the right colours to suit me and also I have to admit that sometimes I cannot be bothered with the faff of having to re-apply lipstick constantly throughout the day. Anyway, I have to say that these lipsticks were a pleasant surprise find for me. They have a lovely balmy texture and the colour payoff is lovely. So lovely, that it is slowly converting me to be more of a lipstick lover!
6. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette – I have a lot of blushers! Aside from eyeshadows, blushers are my other big obsession so for something to stand out takes a lot! This palette is beautiful and the colours seem to go with any kind of makeup on the face and they last all day.
7. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder – this powder has magical powers! I use this power on my cheeks, down my nose and forehead and pores seem to look really reduced. I’ve used this powder all year.
So there you have it, my favourite products of 2014. What were your favourite products in the past year and what’s on your list for the coming year? I’d love to hear your views.